The Food and Drug Administration authorized the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine on December 11th, and the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine on December 18th. Pfizer expects to have up to 50 million doses available by the end of 2020, and Moderna expects to have up to 20 million by the end of the year.
Alameda County recently received its first shipment of the COVID-19 vaccine. The Alameda County Public Health Department is working to provide safe, equitable, and broad distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine to people who live and work in our county.
All Alameda County residents age 5 and older are now eligible to receive the vaccine.
All Alliance members age 5 and older can receive the vaccine at no cost.
To learn more about local efforts and updates on the COVID-19 vaccine in Alameda County, please visit: https://covid-19.acgov.org/vaccines
For COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments, Information, and Resources for Alameda County Residents:
1. Please visit: https://covid-19.acgov.org/index.page
2. For General COVID-19 Questions: please call 1.510-268-2101 or submit a question online
3. For COVID-19 Vaccine specific inquires, please email: email@example.com
4. To sign-up for an appointment, please click here.
5. To find a COVID-19 vaccine near you;
- please visit: https://www.vaccines.gov/
- Text your zip code to GETVAX (for English) or VACUNA (for Spanish) you will get a message back with three (3) possible vaccination sites near you, with phone numbers to call for an appointment.