The Health Homes Program (HHP) is a Medi-Cal benefit covered by the Alliance for members who have certain chronic conditions. These services help them get the care they need to stay healthy.
To receive HHP services, your patient must:
- Have Medi-Cal coverage and be enrolled with the Alliance.
- Have certain chronic health conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, kidney or liver disease, heart failure, etc.).
- Have been in the hospital, had visits to the emergency department (ED), or be chronically homeless.
The Interventions Highlight
- People who join HHP are given a care team in the community that may consist of a community health worker supported by a nurse, social worker, or housing navigator.
- The care team helps the Alliance member:
- Find doctors and get appointments.
- Coordinate the care they receive from different providers.
- Understand their prescription drugs.
- Get follow-up services after they leave the hospital.
- Connect to community and social services, such as food and housing.
- Members can self-refer.
You can advise your patient to call:
For more information, please view the Medi-Cal HHP Provider Guide.