The Alliance provides outpatient behavioral health care services through our delegated provider, Beacon Health Options. Prior authorization (approval) is not required for routine outpatient behavioral health care services. For Alliance Medi-Cal members, these include mild to moderate mental health conditions. For Alliance Group Care, these include outpatient and specialty mental health services. The Alliance also covers all substance use disorder (SUD) services.
For more information, please contact:
- Beacon PCP Referral Form – Please use this form to refer Alliance members to Beacon Health Options for behavioral health care services.
- PCP Referral Process Summary – Summary of the PCP referral process (not for members).
- Alliance Case Management Programs Referral Form – Please use this form to refer Alliance members to Beacon Health Options for care management services.
- Beacon Health Options Flyer
- Beacon Health Options Overview – PowerPoint presentation on how to request Beacon Health Options services
- Beacon Health Options Provider FAQ
- Behavioral Health Care Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Diagnostic Evaluation Form (Medi-Cal) is to be completed by PCPs, pediatricians or licensed psychologists to confirm the diagnosis of ASD and to recommend behavioral health treatment/applied behavioral analysis (BHT/ABA) services.
- Autism Screening Tool is an additional resource used by providers to screen for ASD. The second page lists common co-morbidities and includes a developmental chart that can be copied and placed in each child’s chart.
- Autism Diagnosis and Treatment PCP FAQ is a compilation of frequently asked questions to help inform PCPs of their role in referring a member they suspect has ASD.
- Beacon Alliance Autism Flyer is an additional resource for PCPs that announces Beacon’s management of the BHT/ABA service benefit. It describes the role of the PCP and how Beacon can help, and provides information regarding the M-CHAT-R/F (Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers – Revised, with Follow-Up).